Community Health Systems Assistant Director of Nursing - Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing - FT Days / $5000 sign on bonus in Berwick, Pennsylvania
Plans and directs all nursing personnel. Develops and implements nursing policies, objectives, and initiatives. Reviews nursing department operations to ensure compliance with established standards. Ensures that all patients receive the highest quality care. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. Will also be responsible for Infection Prevention.
Infection Preventionist Responsible for:
· Identifying, monitoring, tracking, and trending current resident infections.
· Ensuring Insuring Infection Control Policy and Procedures are adhered to by facility employees.
· Training and education of Resident, Family, and Staff on Infection Control prevention.
· Mandatory reporting for infections required by the PA Dept. of Health.
· Work closely with the Pharmacy/Pharmacist to monitor the Facility Antibiotic Stewardship Program.
Must possess a current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License and demonstrate proficiency in written and verbal communications.
Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with residents and families. Must have experience in a long term care facility. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job: Nursing Home / Skilled Nursing
Organization: Berwick Retirement Village I
Requisition ID: 1832781
This organization does not discriminate in any way to deprive any person of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect the status of any employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or military or uniformed services, in accordance with all applicable governmental laws and regulations. In addition, the facility complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.